Kelly M. Wiggins is a valued partner with NBKL, where she has practiced for the last seven years and has been aggressively defending Illinois employers for over 14 years. In addition to her licensure in both Illinois state and federal court, Kelly’s 2021 admission to the Wisconsin bar adds to the exceptional Nyhan Wisconsin team and expands the firm’s ability to provide excellent advocacy for employers and insurance companies throughout the Midwest.
Kelly has litigated numerous cases before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission at various venues as well as in the Circuit and Appellate Courts.
She believes in a thorough investigation and making a clear, detailed record at trial. This was exemplified in Dukich v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Comm’n, when the Appellate Court rejected Petitioner’s argument that wet pavement was an increased risk. The published decision was deemed a win for all Illinois employers dealing with premises-related accidents caused by exposure to elements.
Kelly provides her clients with outstanding service during all phases of litigation, from initial strategic planning to final resolution. Kelly can be relied upon to make complicated laws easier to understand and options easier to weigh to assist client’s in making the best possible decisions.
As a policy advocate, she consults with clients on the best practices related to accident reporting, investigations, and claim handling procedures with the goal to help each client manage risk and mitigate costs.
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association (WCLA)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Committee Leadership Chair Workers’ Compensation Committee (2023-2024)
- Vice Chair Workers’ Compensation Committee (2022-2023)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Association of Workers’ Compensation Attorneys (WAWCA)
- Chicago Greater Claims Association
- Habitat for Humanity Women Build Volunteer (2017, 2019 – 2023)
- “Illinois Workers’ Compensation: The Modified Version”: ProMedica, January 2023
- “Everything You Need To Know About Settlement”: NBKL, February 2023
- “Everything You Need To Know About Settlement”: Advocate Aurora Health/Broadspire, June 2022
- “Causation, IME and Medical Rights/Obligations”: Illinois Self-Insurers’ Association Nuts & Bolts Workshop, April 2022
- “Pain Regimens and Impact on Return to Work”: CCMSI, October 2015
- “Pain Management Referrals & Spinal Cord Stimulators: Mitigating Your Workers’ Compensation Exposure”: Sedgwick, March 2015
- “Failed Back Syndrome: Case Law Briefs”: CCMSI, June 2013
- Dukich v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Comm’n, 2017 IL App (2d) 160351WC https://casetext.com/case/dukich-v-ill-workers-comp-commn-1