Norman Burdick joined Nyhan in 2021 and serves as the Employee Workers’ Compensation Fraud Practice Group Leader. He concentrates his practice on criminal workers’ compensation fraud, representing employers, insurance companies, special investigative units, and TPAs in fraud actions before the Illinois Department of Insurance Workers’ Compensation Fraud Unit (WCFU).
Prior to joining the firm, Norm served as a fraud investigator/attorney for the WCFU. With a broad and extensive insurance background, Norm has also served as president of Great Central Insurance Company and managed various other insurance entities including the Midwest branch for Argonaut Insurance, AON Murfield Underwriters, and Zenith Insurance Company. Additionally, he has served as senior trial attorney for Home and CNA Insurance.
Norm has also worked as general counsel at Argonaut Insurance Group and Great Central Insurance Company. He has prior law enforcement experience as a Cook County Deputy Sheriff as well as an investigator for the Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Chicago Bar Association
- Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Coalition Against Fraud
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- International Association of Special Investigative Units
- City of Peoria Human Resource Commission, Commissioner, 2011-2015
- Peoria Public Library, Board Member and Trustee, 2015-2019
- Peoria Police Pension and Disability Board, Board of Trustees, 2019-Present