Steven Jacobson concentrates his practice in workers’ compensation claims and appeals. With extensive litigation experience, Steve defends employers in complex workers’ compensation cases before the Commission in addition to handling appeals. He approaches each case in a collaborative manner, striving to achieve successful outcomes by working directly with clients and colleagues to ensure no detail is overlooked.
Upon earning his law degree, Steve served as a law clerk for the Honorable David Cerda, Illinois Appellate Court, First District, from 1989 through 1990. Over the following 20 years, Steve represented clients in civil litigation and workers’ compensation matters before joining Nyhan in 2013.
In his free time, Steve enjoys attending the theatre, visiting art galleries and shows, and spending time with family and friends.
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Chicago Cares, various organizations
- American Jewish World Service, Hurricane Katrina mission to New Orleans
- Voter Protection, non-partisan voluntary legal observer for 2012 national election
- “McPherson vs. IRS: A Dilution of First Amendment Rights in Favor of Expanded Federal Agency Law Enforcement Powers,” 20 J. Marshall L. Rev. 795, 1987
- Co-Author, “The Handling of a Workers’ Compensation Claim” 12 CBA Record 38, 1998