Bill Lowry Jr. joined the firm as an Associate after becoming a member of the Illinois Bar in November 2019. Before becoming an attorney, he clerked with the firm while pursuing both his B.A. and J.D. Bill concentrates his practice in Workers’ Compensation and Civil Litigation with extensive experience working with clients in all areas of Workers’ Compensation throughout Illinois.
Bill enjoys working to assess all areas of need for clients before formulating specific plans of action tailored to the unique needs of each case. He believes the best practice of law is rooted in aggressive advocacy, collaborative communication, and the pursuit of a favorable resolution, just as one would want for a family member.
Before joining Nyhan, Bill attended Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he was an active member of BLSA, Street Law, multiple mentorship programs, and the school’s many nationally ranked mock trial teams. Bill also spent time as an intern with CARPLS legal aid. In his final year of law school, he was honored as a member of the Corboy Fellowship and competed in national trial competitions as a member of Loyola’s Corboy Trial Team.
In his free time, Bill enjoys serving in various mentorship capacities, developing different skill sets involving personal health or financial literacy, and most importantly, spending time with friends and family.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Chicago Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer’s Association
- Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law-Dean’s Diversity Council
- Speaker, “Updates on the Use of CompFile and Other Technology at the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission: Practical Tips and Tricks,” Workers’ Compensation Institute, IICLE, 2022