Christopher Gibbons concentrates his trial and appellate practice on workers’ compensation, occupational disease, and employer liability. As a Shareholder and the firm’s current Vice President, Chris utilizes his thorough experience to help clients navigate the challenges they face in each unique case.
Chris services a wide variety of clients, including those in industries such as transportation, health care, and manufacturing. When working with clients, he prefers to utilize a team-based approach by assisting with building and managing his clients’ programs alongside their team of attorneys and by maintaining an open relationship that is communicative and interactive.
He has been a part of Nyhan’s Management Committee since 2012 and currently serves on the Board of Directors for Nyhan as Vice President, a role about which he is passionate. Chris regularly contributes thought leadership pieces to the Illinois Self-Insurers’ Association’s newsletter and website, where he also served on the executive board for over ten years. In addition, he has given lectures at various industry conferences including Workers’ Compensation forums and Chamber of Commerce events.
When not working, Chris spends time engaging in regenerative agriculture and organic farming on the farm he owns with his wife. Chris also enjoys playing ice hockey and tennis and spending time with his children.
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Executive Director, Illinois Self-Insurers Association
- Annual lecturer for Illinois Self-Insurers’ Association Nuts & Bolts Seminars
- A Potpourri of Recent Cases, ISIA Annual Meeting, 2005-2018
- Co-chair and Speaker, Work Comp Forum, 2006-2011
- Workers’ Comp Reform Across the Country, WSIA 2006 Annual Conference
- Self-Insurance in Illinois, 2009 NAMA Conference
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation: the Future of Reform in Illinois, Chicagoland
- Chamber of Commerce Foundation, 2005
- Workers’ Compensation Update, Council on Education in Management, 2005
- A Defensible IME, Accelerated Rehabilitation Seminar, 2004
- Lawfully Handling Pre-Existing Injuries, Workers’ Comp Update 2004 for the Council on Education in Management, April, 2004
- Recent Developments at the Industrial Commission, WCS Winter Warm-Up, 2004