As a partner at Nyhan, Deidre Christenson concentrates her practice in the area of workers’ compensation with more than 20 years of trial and claim resolution experience. She represents Illinois employers, including governmental entities, retail and service providers, health care companies, and educators before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission and Illinois courts in workers’ compensation matters.
Deidre works diligently to communicate effectively and efficiently with clients to develop creative legal resolution strategies for her claims.
Prior to practicing law, Deidre worked on Capitol Hill where she performed legislative work for the United States Senate Illinois delegation.
Interested in promoting literacy, Deidre has worked with a variety of national and local organizations to support individuals in learning how to read and write.
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, Member
- Literacy Chicago, Volunteer Tutor, 2017-2022
- Coordinated Advice & Referral Program for Legal Services, Attorney Hotline Volunteer, 2013-2016
- Everybody Wins!
- Former Board Member
- Former Volunteer
- Griffith Tutoring, Volunteer Tutor
- Open Books, Volunteer