As a shareholder at Nyhan, Heather Boyer (she/her) concentrates her trial and appellate practice in Workers’ Compensation and has conducted hundreds of hearings throughout the entire State of Illinois. A large portion of her practice centers around Staffing Agencies and Self-Insured clients.
With nearly two decades of experience practicing law in Illinois, Heather guides clients through each matter’s unique circumstances in order to help them achieve the best outcome possible. She believes in a hands-on approach to each case, and often visits the insured’s place of business to speak with witnesses, take pictures of the scene of the accident, and meet with Supervisors so she has an advantage in creating a picture of the claim to the court.
Outside of her client work, Heather frequently shares insights in speaking engagements at leading industry organizations, including the Illinois Self-Insurer’s Association and various preferred provider programs.
She is a former Board Member of The Jackson Chance Foundation, which pays for the parking of families that have a baby in the NICU in the city of Chicago. As the parent of the longest-standing resident of Lurie Children’s Hospital NICU department, Heather saw single-handedly how the cost of parking affected families and she believes that no family should have to choose between paying their monthly bills or visiting their sick child in the hospital.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Jackson Chance Foundation
- Board of Directors
- “Medical Bills – How to Successfully Navigate Section 8(a)” – March 2, 2016
- Illinois Self-Insurer’s Association Nuts & Bolts Seminar: Average Weekly Wage, Temporary Total Disability Benefits and Penalties (2018)
- Seminars and presentations to staffing agencies, insurance brokers, insurance carriers and third-party administrators regarding changes, amendments, and reform to Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act
- Seminars and presentations to preferred provider programs
- Seminars and presentations to provide AMA Guidelines and best practices for employees once a claim has been reported