With nearly two decades of experience, Lisa Barbieri advises and represents clients with workers’ compensation issues, managing claims at all levels of practice including review, litigation, arbitration, Medicare issues and liens, as well as drafting contracts and agreements.
Lisa guides clients through potential liabilities while providing claim resolution strategies as well as litigation plans when needed as she has significant experience managing and litigating claims before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, numerous circuit courts, and the Illinois appellate courts.
Clients benefit from her exclusive focus on workers’ compensation matters throughout the years as she has built lasting relationships with insureds and claims professionals to obtain favorable outcomes.
Prior to joining the firm, Lisa was a senior trial attorney with an international insurance company as well as a partner at a boutique workers’ compensation law firm in Illinois. Early in her career, she assisted with cases involving consumer loan fraud in both circuit and federal courts and filed title insurance claims, acting as liaison between the title insurer and clients regarding litigation.
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- St. Michael School Board, President, 2020-2021
- Co-presenter, “Legal Updates to Claims”, Zurich North America, 2020-2023
Pro Bono Representation
- Assisted with renewal of DACA documentation with Legal Aid Chicago
- Assisted with expungement and dealing of prior convictions, Legal Aid Chicago