As a partner in Nyhan’s Civil Litigation Department, Robert Hogan represents a wide variety of clients in all phases of civil litigation from inception through appeal. A former Cook County State’s Attorney, Bob has tried multiple jury cases to verdict and has extensive first-chair trial experience in cases involving policy limit exposure. He has also tried hundreds of bench trials and has appeared before the Illinois Appellate Court on 16 occasions.
In addition, Bob also has significant experience conducting a litany of mediation and arbitration hearings, acting as a Hearing Officer in various venues, including the Cook County Board of Elections, the Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program, and FINRA. He was also a Board Member for the Cook County Sheriff’s Merit Board for 16 years where he oversaw the hiring, promotion, and disciplinary procedures involving over 4000 sworn personnel in the Cook County Sheriff’s Department. In that role, he was responsible for conducting disciplinary hearings involving Sheriff’s sworn personnel.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
Defense Research Institute
- Misericordia Heart of Mercy, Volunteer, 1995-Present
- John of the Cross Parish and School, Athletic Department Coach, 2000-2016
- Western Springs Little League, Coach, 2000-2012
- Speaker, Update on Current Illinois Premises Liability Law, Nyhan Bambrick Kinzie and Lowry Client Seminar, 2016
- Speaker, Exigent Group, Illinois Dram Shop Law, 2020
- Lead counsel in lawsuit filed by patron who was struck by a car as he entered a fast food restaurant. Court granted summary judgment on behalf of client, finding that the client owed no duty to plaintiff.
- Lead counsel in successful defense before the Illinois Appellate Court of the granting of a Motion to Dismiss by the Trial Court which ruled that the Illinois Dram Shop Act does not allow for a cause of action on behalf of an unborn fetus.