Robert Martier has represented a wide variety of clients in matters such as general negligence, premises liability, dram shop, trucking and auto, hotel/motel, recreational facilities, products liability, security guard and process servers, asbestos liability, sexual harassment and medical malpractice and professional liability. His representation has included all phases of civil litigation from inception through trials and appeal. Robert has significant trial experience having tried numerous cases in Illinois courts throughout the state as well as Federal courts. He has argued before the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and has petitioned the United States Supreme Court for a writ of certiorari.
Robert has participated in many mediations and arbitrations on behalf of his clients. Additionally, he has served as an arbitrator in UM/UIM cases as the neutral or at the behest of one of the parties. He has also been called upon to offer expert witness testimony in insurance coverage matters.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Lawyer Pilots Association
- Society of Trial Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Lecturer, Chicago Bar Association Seminar – Premises Liability
- Various client seminars addressing developments in the law and matters of interest to the clients
- Defended a truck driver and trucking company in a wrongful death matter where a pedestrian was struck and killed in a crosswalk. After a jury trial, the truck driver and trucking company were found not guilty.
- Defended a day care center where a patron who was leaving the day care center was struck and severely injured by a car which had lost control and pinned the patron against the building. The plaintiff argued that the defendant failed to provide safe ingress and egress. After a jury trial, the day care center was found not guilty.