Anne-Marie Foster concentrates her practice in civil litigation matters involving personal injury and employment discrimination. Anne-Marie has served as lead counsel in a multitude of complex litigation matters before federal and state courts as well as administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Illinois Department of Human Rights, and Illinois Department of Employment Security.
Anne-Marie advises and defends employers in all aspects of employment law, including employee discipline, workplace investigations, harassment and retaliation, and federal and state employment discrimination matters. Anne-Marie also has a strong background in handling insurance coverage matters, including coverage litigation involving a variety of commercial, business, and professional policies.
Given her depth of experience, Anne-Marie brings a holistic approach to solving her clients’ problems that integrates the different aspects of the case or claim. Anne-Marie’s clients know that her unique perspective ensures that they will receive a comprehensive analysis that charts the appropriate path forward, considering all specific client needs.
In her free time, you can find Anne-Marie horseback riding and enjoying the parks and nature preserves around Chicago.
- Kaleidoscope Chicago, Board Member, 2019—present
- Author, IICLE Wrongful-Death and Survival Actions in Illinois, Chapters 1 and 2 (2014)
- Presenter, “Dialing It In: Remote Working Strategies That Maintain Diversity and Inclusion Efforts,” CLM 2021 Annual Conference;
- Presenter “Cannabis in Illinois: An Employment Law Perspective,” Chicago Bar Association, 2020
- Presenter, “Implicit Bias ‘You Can’t See Me…,” Illinois Self-Insurers’ Association 41st Annual Meeting, 2019
- COVID-19 Update: FMLA Expansion and Emergency Paid Leave
- COVID-19 Update: DOL and EEOC Issue Series of FAQs to Guide Employers
- OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard—Where Are We Now?
- FMLA Update: Employees Can’t Elect to Delay FMLA Leave for Covered Absences
- COVID-19 Update: Emergency Paid Leave, FMLA Expansion and Workers’ Compensation
- The Effects of Recent Supreme Court Decisions on Employers
- Using the Workers’ Compensation Settlement Agreement to Frustrate Third-Party Recovery: An Analysis of Armstead v. National Freight, Inc.
- Spotlight on NBKL Subrogation Services
- Illinois Stay-at-Home Order Blocked: TRO Issued in Bailey v. Pritzker
- Reopening the Workplace with COVID-19: Guidance from the EEOC
- Reopening the Workplace with COVID-19: Guidance from OSHA
- COVID-19 Update: EEOC and OSHA Issue Supplemental Reopening Guidance
- COVID-19 Update: OSHA Guidance
- Successfully defeated an appeal of a jury verdict on a $10,000,000 claim for damages. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Achieved multiple favorable rulings at summary judgment for the insurer in declaratory judgment actions on insurance coverage. Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, Circuit Court of DuPage County, Illinois, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Obtained summary judgment in the property owner’s favor in a personal injury matter following a settlement demand of $1,000,000.