Nyhan Attorneys to Speak at ISIA Nuts & Bolts Spring Educational Workshop
Nyhan attorneys will delve into various topics related to self-insured and high-deductible employers in the Illinois Self-Insurers’ Association (ISIA) three-part session titled Nuts & Bolts Spring Educational Workshop.
The virtual sessions include:
Accident and Causation
- The two essential elements for establishing a work accident in Illinois
- What “arising out of” and “in the course of” mean
- How the phrases have been interpreted by the courts, with recent examples
Average Weekly Wage, Medical Rights and Benefits, Temporary Total Disability
- The issues of average weekly wage, medical rights and benefits, and liability concerns for lost time benefits (TTD/TPD)
- The basics and nuances of these subjects, with discussion of “black letter law” and examples of recent cases decided in these areas
Permanent Partial Disability, Permanent Wage Loss and Voc Rehab, Permanent and Total Disability, Death
- Permanency benefits and associated considerations
- The schedule for injuries and what happens when that does not apply
- What happens when a claim ventures into future wage loss, vocational rehabilitation, and death
For more details and to register, see ISIA’s website.
The ISIA is a non-profit organization dedicated to representing and promoting the interests of self-insured employers and high-deductible employers in Illinois. The organization provides various benefits to its members, including legislative initiatives, discussion forums and communication vehicles on issues regarding regulation of self-insurance, and the administration of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act.