Daniel Simones focuses his practice on workers’ compensation defense matters and Medicare Secondary Payer Act advocacy as a partner with Nyhan. Dan represents a diverse group of clients to help achieve their unique goals, whether that be fast and favorable settlements or defending cases via trial.
As a nationally recognized speaker and trusted advisor, Dan regularly shares his knowledge with respect to the Medicare Secondary Payer Act and its implications on workers’ compensation claims at various organizations, including the National Business Institute, the Illinois State Bar Association, and the National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan spent two years as a law clerk and five years as an attorney at another workers’ compensation defense firm.
In his free time, Dan enjoys spending time with his wife and two young daughters, cycling, and exploring new restaurants and breweries.
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Board Member
- Downers Grove Parks District, Youth Soccer Coach, 2020 – present
- Kids Chance of Illinois, Board of Directors
- Lecturer, Titan Risk Control Workshop for Captive Insurance and Catastrophic Claims, 2019
- Panelist, “Future Medicare Entitlement: What Outside Factors Can Affect the Distribution of MSA Funds?” 10th Annual National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals Conference, 2014
- Lecturer, “Complex Workers’ Compensation Issues,” National Business Institute, 2014
- Lecturer, Resolution Strategies: Early Identification of Medicare Secondary Payer Act Issues, Ace Hardware/Gallagher Basset Services Partnership Meeting, 2013
- Lecturer, Mitigating Costs Associated with Medicare Secondary Payer Act Compliance, Ace Hardware Retailer Roundtable Meeting, 2013
- Lecturer, Social Security: Medicare Set-Asides, Illinois State Bar Association, 2013
- Lecturer, Liability MSA Issues, National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals Annual Meeting and Educational Conference, 2012
- Lecturer, Analysis of CMS Memoranda, National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals Mid-Year Conference, 2012
- Lecturer, Handling the Workers’ Compensation Case from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, 2012